All bookings are made subject
to the following terms and conditions and the person signing
the form agrees to be bound by them for him/herself and on
behalf of his/her party.
1. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she
has the authority of all those who are to use the facilities
to which the booking refers and will indemnify Four Seasons
France Ltd against losses and/or damage by the client or
anyone accompanying him/her. This booking is made subject
to the terms and conditions of the person, firms and companies
who provide transport, accommodation, and facilities.
2. No binding contract shall be deemed to exist between the
person making the booking and Four Seasons France Ltd until
such time as Four Seasons France Ltd have accepted and
confirmed the booking by post or e-mail.
3. At the time of booking, a non-returnable deposit is payable. This deposit is non-returnable
in the event of cancellation for any reason. The deposit paid
by the customer is accepted as part payment and the balance
of all charges must be paid either on receipt of Four Seasons
invoice or not later than 10 weeks before the proposed date
of departure from the U. K. Four Seasons France Ltd reserve
the right to rescind this agreement if payment in full is
not made 10 weeks before the departure date with the consequent
loss of deposit.
4. Should a client cancel the holiday for any reason, this
must be done in writing. Cancellation
charges will be payable as follows: notification in writing
before the balance due date you will forfeit your deposit.
Cancellation within 10 weeks before the proposed date of departure
from the U.K. 50%, within 6 weeks 75% and within 4 weeks 100%
of the total cost of the holiday will be payable. Further,
cancellation of Hotels, Ferries and Euro Tunnel may involve further cancellation charges from the
operator, details of which can be requested from Four Seasons
5. All prices quoted or otherwise given to you include all charges and any taxes or government charges which may apply to your booking at the time it is made. Four Seasons France Limited reserve the right to pass on any extra charges incurred on the booking of your holiday concerning all costs or charges the owner or service provider makes to us which are connected with your booking, including any price increases due to changes in the exchange rates of currency, fuel surcharges from the ferry companies the increase or imposition of dues, taxes or fees, or any Government action from either Country or any changes which occur outside our control. In any event we will absorb an increase of up to 2% of the total cost and only surcharges in excess of this amount will be charged to the client. If this increase amounts to more than 10% you will be entitled to cancel and will receive full refund of all monies paid (excluding any alteration charges) but no compensation will be payable by us (see 5a)
In the unlikely event of Four Seasons France Ltd making
a significant alteration to, or cancellation of your booking
due to circumstances beyond our control (see 5a below) we
will make an offer to you of an alternative holiday. You may
then i) accept the alteration, ii) book another from the current
brochure - where the price is less we will refund the difference
but where the price is more you will be expected to pay the
difference, or iii) cancel your booking. In the case of (iii)
you will receive a full refund of monies paid.
If the significant
alteration or cancellation is made within 28 days of the due
date of departure from the U.K. other than due to circumstances
as listed at 5a, a maximum compensation of 10% of total holiday
cost will be paid.
5a. Compensation will not be paid where the reason for cancellation
or alteration by Four Seasons France Ltd is due to: non
payment of your holiday by the due date, nor where the holiday
is cancelled or curtailed as a result of your behaviour which
is a breach of a term of contract. We will not pay compensation
in cases of "force majeure", matters over which
we have no control including but not limited to; war, threat
of war, hostilities, strife or civil commotions, strikes and
or industrial disputes, fire, acts of God, nuclear or natural
disaster, terrorist activities, closure of ports and ferries,
technical problems with transportation, road blockages, quarantine,
epidemics or disease, weather conditions, Government action,
alteration or cancellation of schedule services or other similar
events outside the control of Four Seasons France Ltd.
6. Website price changes: We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the price. In addition price revisions may be made to allow for variation in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes, embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports, or the exchange rates applied to the package.
7. Alterations to confirmed bookings must be made in writing
by the client, recorded delivery is advised. All alterations
will be charged at £30 per alteration. If as a result
of the change the holiday is more expensive you will be expected
to pay the difference. However, we will not make a refund
if the altered holiday is less expensive. If within 10 weeks
of confirmed date of departure you alter your holiday dates
this will be regarded as a cancellation rather than an alteration.
See clause 4. if the accommodation provider, ferry company or Eurotunnel levy an alteration fee this charge is payable by the customer at the time of the alteration and in addition to Four Seasons France charge.
8. The booking is subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions of Gites de France, other accommodation providers and the relevant carriers and the insurance companies concerned.
9. The client undertakes to pay a returnable inventory/breakage deposit as required by each holiday location, where applicable.
10. The client undertakes to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition, and to report any damages or breakages occurring during his occupation. He undertakes to refund the cost of the repair or replacement of any damage or breakage.
11. We can not be held responsible if customers are rejected from accommodation or transport due to infringement of regulations. Nor for offensive, bad or illegal behaviour, or the contraction of a contagious disease or illness. We do not accept responsibility for any injury, loss or damage, whatsoever, whether direct or indirect arising from any act or default by yourself or any member of your party.
12. Any complaint concerning the accommodation must be made whilst you are still in France. Customers with Gites de France should first speak to the owner of the property or his representative. If still dissatisfied the Departental Gites de France office, where there are English speaking staff, should be contacted within 3 days of your arrival. Customers using other accommodation should report the problem immediately to reception staff at the location. In the event that the complaint cannot be settled by one of the above, we should be contacted by telephone. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is dealt with whilst in France you should write to us within 28 days of completion of your holiday.
13. Special request. We cannot guarantee to comply with special requests.
14. The only persons permitted to use the accommodation booked are those whose names appear on the booking form.
15. The description of properties on the website are correct as far as we are aware on publication of the website and we cannot accept responsibility for any subsequent changes made thereto by their owners or re-classification by Gites de France.
16. Whilst our staff try to give accurate information and prices to enquiries we do not accept responsibility for that information unless it is confirmed by us in writing.
17. The firms and companies who provide transport, accommodation and facilities assume no responsibility for the content of this website.